Your Cart is empty
We will take a look and see what the difference is between the two fins to give you a better understanding when deciding on FCS Fins or Future fins bases for your surfboard.
- Emerged in the early 90’s
- Has two tabs at the bottom
- Used By many pro surfers, including Kelly Slater
- They are removable fins. FCS now has many different models but most are screwed in place. Although they now have the FCS2, which has no screwing and pops in and out
- A plus of the FCS fins is that at around 75 kg-80 kg of pressure they will break off and therefore be less likely to damage the fin box itself.
- This breaking off with pressure makes the FCS set up favorable for beginners, as they are less likely to damage their board.
- Emerged in 1996
- Removable fins
- Has one tab running the whole length of the board with one screw at the front
- This one tab makes it a favourable for professional surfers as it has a solid, more glassed on feel to the fin.
- The disadvantage is that the fin is less likely to break and may damage the board when struck with a lot of pressure.